Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year 2007

As I have done for the past I don't know how many years, I spent the holiday season away from extended family. That's a hazard of working in the business I do (live music for the unitiated) and although through the years I've become accustomed to celebrating the holidays at work, it's still difficult to be so far away from those that always make the holidays such a joy.

Having said that, we had a wonderful time last night at The Terrace with all our new friends from here in Shekou. In fact, we've had 3 great celebrations in December with our loyal patrons: December 16th was our one year anniversary. It was an emotional night for me as one year of blood, sweat and tears hit home. I managed to fight through it, and genuine thanks go out to all the great friends we've made here in the last year. Then in was Christmas Eve and of course New Years Eve.

I'm looking forward to having the time in January to finally write, rehearse and record with Sugar Rush. I'd also like to take a break, even for a week, from The Terrace and recharge the batteries. I can really feel it today.

My boy Mathieu is growing up, five years old now and he really wants to spend more time with his Dad. I'll try to give him more this month as well.

Then there's reading, catching up on the music I've missed. And writing in my blogs!

No comments: